TEAS (Test for essential academic skills) is a test conductor by ATI and attempted by nursing students. It is actually a pre-requisite test for admission in Nursing schools. This test is conducted to assess the academic knowledge students in the areas of Maths, Science, English and Reading.
The TEAS exam usually has 170 total questions which are divided in different sections according to the academic areas given above. The students are given almost three and half hours to complete the exam and it can be attempted online as well on paper.
In order to perform well in the TEAS exam, the participants need to consult different books and prep materials. Although the test may seem pretty general but its not that easy. You have to invest certain amount of time for its preparation if you want to score well in it. For the preparation of TEAS test you will find many books in the market as well as online, however it is important to consult the right material for its preparation.
Many ATI TEAS test prep books act as the refreshers of the topics that you had read in your high school. If you invest proper time preparing for this test by consulting the right material then you are most likely to clear it with flying colors. Following mentioned books are some of the best books to consult for the preparation of ATI TEAS.
1. Kaplan’s ATI TEAS prep book
First in the list comes the Kaplan’s ATI TEAS prep book. Kaplan test prep is well known publisher in the world of test prep books. They have been providing excellent prep books for over 80 years. The book contains a diagnostic test that you are supposed to take before beginning your preparation.
It will tell you about your preparation level and how much do you need to prepare for the test. The book also contains more than 500 practice problems to enhance your practice level. There are also two full length practice mock tests which comes with the book; one is on book and the other one is online.
- The book contains a self-diagnostic test which helps you in self-evaluation of the preparation that you have for the test.
- The book has in-depth discussion of different topics for the enhanced understanding of its readers.
- Plenty of practice questions make sure that you sit confidently during your exam day.
- Test attempting tips and strategies mentioned in the book really help you to learn the art of solving various complex mathematical questions in just a couple of seconds.
- The book is very thorough and comprehensive but it is not suitable for those students who want to prepare their test in a short period of time.
- Some topics in the book are thoroughly explained unnecessarily.
2. ATI TEAS Study Guide
Next in the list comes the ATI TEAS study guide which is also a very comprehensive book for the preparation of ATI TEAS but it filters the unnecessary content that Kaplan included in its book. Hence it is a more concise book for the preparation of ATI TEAS.
The chapters and topics in the book are well organized. The book covers almost 300 practice questions in addition to various test attempting tips and tactics.
- A concise and well written book for the preparation of ATI TEAS.
- The practice problems given in the book are very exam like and their difficulty match the difficulty of the original exam.
- The chapters in the book are well placed and organized.
- There are certain typing and editing errors in the book especially in the Maths section.
- Some answers to the questions are marked wrong.
3. ATI TEAS Secrets Study guide
ATI TEAS Secrets is another thorough and comprehensive book for the preparation of the test. The book almost covers everything that you need to study for the preparation of the test.
The book has been written in such a way that makes it easy for the readers to understand. The book also covers two full length mock tests for the extra practice of the students. Seventy-four video lectures also come with the book for your enhanced understanding of the concepts.
- Thorough and comprehensive book for the preparation.
- Well organized and written by a well-known publisher.
- Best tips and strategies mentioned in the book to attempt the test.
- Some of the practice problems given in the book are actually easier than the original questions which come in the real test.
- Not suitable for those who want to prepare the test in a short period of time.
4. Trivium ATI TEAS Test Study Guide
Next in the list is the Trivium AVI TEAS study guide. This book is written in a well-organized form and the layout of the chapters help to clear your thoughts and confusions within the chapter, so that when you move to the next chapter, your confusions regarding the previous chapters are cleared out. The book comes with two full length practice tests and an overview of everything that you need to know about the test.
- The book overall has been written concisely and in a well-organized form.
- The book teaches you about the necessary tips and tricks that you need to know for acing your test.
- The book contains some errors from information side of view.
- The book also contains some typing and editing errors.
5. McGrahaw-Hill Education Review
The above-mentioned book is one of the most thorough and comprehensive books for the preparation of TEAS test. With 464 pages, the book is the longest book among all the books mentioned in our list.
The are 600 review questions in the book to measure you progress and preparation for the test. Also, the book has some very in-depth discussions of different concepts related to the test.
- Maximum number of practice questions are present in the book to ensure maximum practice of the students.
- Very in-depth reviews are included in the book.
- The book is not very up-to-date as compared to other books in the list.
- There are certain typing and editing errors in the book.
6. ATI TEAS Review Manual-Official TEAS Study Guide
Next in the list is the ATI TEAS Study Manual. One factor which gives this book an edge is that it has been originally written by the company that makes the real TEAS test. Therefore, the practice problems which you’ll see in this book will be the actual representation of the original questions which come in the real TEAS test. This book is best if you aim is to practice the real questions coming in the test.
- Written by the official test makers of ATI TEAS.
- The difficulty of practice problems matches with the difficult of real questions coming in the test.
- The book has been written in such a way which makes it very complex for the readers to understand.
- There are certain errors in the book.
- The book is not very up-to-date.
7. ATI TEAS Practice Questions
The above-mentioned book will be best for those who want to have maximum practice for the test. The book not only provides a lot of practice questions to the students but it also gives two full length practice mock tests for the final self-evaluation of the students.
- Plenty of practice questions for the maximum practice of the students.
- Two additional practice tests are given in the book for self-evaluation.
- There are no in-depth discussions of the topics therefore the students would eventually have to consult other books.
- The book is generally not thorough or enough for the preparation of ATI TEAS.
8. ATI TEAS Flashcard Study System
This book has been published by the renowned company Mometrix. This is a very well written book for the preparation of ATI TEAS. The book has been based on flash cards study system which is a good way to prepare for any test in rapid fire environment. The flash card study system is also a good way to test your previous knowledge and skills.
- The style of studying is very beneficial in finding gaps in your preparation for the test.
- The book focuses on smart work for the achievement of higher score in the exam.
- The book lags in full length mock tests which are very useful for thorough preparation and assessment.
- The students would eventually have to consult other books for thorough preparation of the test.
All the books mentioned above have been chosen from a list of dozens of prep books based upon the reviews of former test takers and their authenticity. If you have plenty of time and you are aiming to do a thorough preparation of the test then its always good to consider more than one book.
However, when asked from the former test makers and experts then the book “Kaplan’s ATI TEAS Test prep book” was declared as the best teas test prep book 2020. It has been able to receive the title of best teas exam prep book due to its comprehensibility and authenticity. By consulting the above-mentioned books, you would definitely pass the ATI TEAS test with flying colours.