Are you searching for the best med schools in Arizona? Do you have a dream to make a career in medical education? Do you need financial help and scholarships to continue your medical education? Well, you are at right place.
If you have a dream to get medical education and become a doctor then Arizona is the best place to get medical education. Here we have described the best medical schools in AZ in term of education, clinical practices, scholarships, financial aid, learning environment and curriculum. If you are living near Arizona and you are thinking about to take admission in medical school then hurry up. Limited seats are available and moreover, scholarships are also offered to limited students with the best educational behavior.
So, the best medical schools in Arizona are :
- 1. University of Arizona- Tucson Medical School
- 2. University of Arizona College of Medicine – Phoenix
- 3. Mayo Clinic Alix School of Medicine
- 4. Midwestern University Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine
- 5. A.T Still University of Health Sciences School of Osteopathic Medicine in Arizona
1. University of Arizona- Tucson Medical School
Address: Banner- University Medical Center, Tucson
Admission Phone Number: (520) 626-6214
Admission Email: email@example.com
The University of Arizona- Tucson Medical School started its classes in 2007. It is included in those few schools who offers MD degree. It is difficult to get admission in this school because approximately 10,000 people apply to get admission over 120 seats. The college of medicine mainly focuses on 4 main points: education, research, clinical and community.
Scholarships in University of Arizona
The University of Arizona- Tucson Medical School offers scholarships to its brilliant students. At the university of Arizona, an advanced scholarship management system named Scholarship Universe is followed. Moreover, external scholarships are also offered to the students. For scholarships, you need to fill an online form of the FAFSA. Some external scholarship opportunities are described below:
- Herbert W Nickens Medical Student Scholarships ($ 5000 for each recipient)
- The National Hispanic Health Foundation (11 students will receive a 2 year scholarship of $5000 every year and nine students will get one year scholarship of $ 2000)
- American Indian Education Foundation (around $ 450,000 to about 225 students every year)
2. University of Arizona College of Medicine – Phoenix
Address: 475 N 5th Street, Phoenix, AZ 85004, United States.
Admission Phone Number: 602-827-2005
Admission Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Arizona College of Medicine – Phoenix started in 2007. The functioning of this college is same as college of Arizona. The college offers dual programs. To get admission in this college is not easy. The college received more than 5,943 applications in the month of February from all over the U.S. After application submission, only 223 people were called for interview. Loans are also given to the students which they can pay in easy installments. The college mainly focuses on clinical research, collaborative learning, experiments and analysis.
Scholarships in University of Arizona College of Medicine
The University of Arizona College of Medicine – Phoenix offers scholarships, which include tuition, fee and reimbursement of all necessary expenses. It also includes living expenses. Following scholarships are offered to the students.
- Financial Assistance Program (You will receive $2,000 a month to cover living expenses)
- Armed Forces Health Profession Scholarship Program
- National Health Services Corps
- Scholarship Universe
- FastWeb Scholarships (approximately $ 3,000 a year)
3. Mayo Clinic Alix School of Medicine
Address: 13400 E, Shea Blvd. Scottsdale, AZ 85259, Unites States
University Phone Number: 507-284-3745
The Mayo Clinic Alix School of Medicine has two other campuses which are located in Minnesota and Florida. The education provides to the students are based on research to enable students in clinical research. In the schools who are developed in research, The Mayo Clinic comes at number 9.
Scholarships in Mayo Clinic Alix School of Medicine
The Mayo Clinic Alix School of Medicine understands the need of financial help in medical education. The college knows the burden of tuition fee and other expenses during MD degree. For this purpose, the college offers financial aid and scholarships to the students. In 2018, the average scholarships given to the students were $ 35,000. Moreover, scholarships are given on tuition fee, living allowance expenses, personal expenses and transportation expenses. The college investigates about the parents’ income and asset to award them a scholarship.
4. Midwestern University Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine
The Midwestern University Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine established in 1996. The Glendale Campus is located near downtown Phoenix, where students will get all the opportunities of hands-on-learning through leading hospitals, laboratories, clinics and private practices.
The college has a wide range of community connections and partnerships to provide students best clinical and research facilities. The curriculum of Midwestern University is designed in the way that students can benefit from its research oriented books, patient centered learning and teamwork.
Scholarships in Midwestern University Arizona College
Midwestern University Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine offers scholarships to its talented students to meet their expenses like tuition fee, living expenses, personal expenses and transportation expenses. Midwestern University offers institutional scholarships with the help of sponsorship.
The scholarships are awarded to those students who participate actively in community services and who have leadership skills. The students’ GPA, quality of essay, reference letter and financial need matters a lot while awarding scholarships.
The following partnership scholarships are awarded to the students:
- Wells Fargo ($ 2,000)
- APS ($ 1,500)
- DWL Architects and Planners ($ 2,000)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona ($2,000)
- TriWest Healthcare Alliance ($2,000)
5. A.T Still University of Health Sciences School of Osteopathic Medicine in Arizona
Address: 5850 E Still Cir, Mesa, AZ 85206, United States
Admission Phone Number: 877-469-2878
School Website: https://www.atsu.edu/school-of-osteopathic-medicine-arizona
The A.T Still University of Health Sciences School of Osteopathic Medicine in Arizona started its classes in 2007. ATSU-SOMA offers a dual degree program. ATSU-SOMA provides health centers for students to get practical education. There are 12 Community Health Center for students that are located inside and outside of Arizona for clinical practices.
Scholarships in A.T Still University
The A.T Still University of Health Sciences School of Osteopathic Medicine in Arizona offers scholarships to the students. Many scholarships are institutional but outsource scholarships are also provided to the students. The institutional scholarship details are given below:
- Natalie Beissel Scholarship (at least one award of $2,500 will be given to the students)
- Joe Gibson Scholarship
- ATSU-SOMA – Diversity Award (based on the attitude and action of the students, the award of $500 is given to every student)
- ATSU-SOMA – Women for ATSU (one student will receive $1000 every year)
- ATSU-SOMA community Impact Scholarship
- Need-based Financial Scholarships
- The International Community Outreach Scholarship
Here we review all the best medical schools in Arizona. Choose the medicine school that best fit you in terms of tuition fee, scholarships, learning environment, travel distance and clinical practices.