The State of Georgia has seen a deficiency of Doctors. That is why the state plans to continue increasing its amount of medical school seats over the next few years in the hopes of educating the state’s future physicians. Georgia boasts a growing population and favorable wages for practicing clinicians. Georgia is also known for its beautiful scenery, with mountains lakes and beaches. Georgia has also some best institutes for Law. Here you can check the Law schools in Georgia
Georgia is considered to be one of the best places to study medicine with its state-of-the-art schools and colleges. Medical schools of Georgia are considered to be the best option for studying medicine.
The admission process for studying in Med School in Georgia is very easy and simple. Although most of the schools require MCAT for admission others have their own entrance exams.
Medical schools in Georgia offer high quality education and are widely known. A medical degree from Medical schools of Georgia could help you to get job anywhere in the world. Students from Georgian Medical schools are considered professionals and are accepted not only in other states but also in other countries.
Following are medical schools in Georgia
- 1. Augusta University
- 2. Mercer University
- 3. Emory University – Atlanta, GA
- 4. Morehouse University – Atlanta, GA
- 5. College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Georgia
- 6. PCOM (Philadelphia College of Osteopathic medicine)
- 7. Medical Institute of Northeast GA
- 8. Cambridge College of Healthcare and Technology
- 9. New Horizon Medical Institute
- 10. Premier Medical Careers
1. Augusta University
Fees: $28,358 (in-state) and full-time: $56,716 (out-of-state)
Address:1120, 15th St, Augusta, GA.
Admissions email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Medical School of Georgia is a public medical school and one of the top largest medical schools in United States. It is a 200 years old medical school founded in 1828. It is one of the best medical schools in Georgia and is playing a unique role in optimizing healthcare.
Augusta University Medical Degrees Offered
- Doctor of Medicine Degree (MD)
- Dual MD/PhD Degree
2. Mercer University
Address: 1550, College St, Macon, GA.
Admissions phone: (478) 301-5425
Admissions email: email@example.com
Founded in 1928, Mercer University School of Medicine is one of the oldest medicine schools in Georgia. It is known for its top quality education and the training of the students for real life situations.
Mercer University Medical Degrees Offered:
- Doctor of Medicine Degree (MD)
- Master of Science in Biomedical Sciences
- Master of Science in Preclinical Sciences
- Master of Family Therapy Degree
Admission Criteria in Mercer University
- Applicant must have a bachelor’s degree.
- Only permanent residents or those who have been staying in Georgia for a period of twelve months are eligible for admission.
- Admission forms can be submitted online.
There are actually four Mercer University campuses:
- Macon, GA
- Savannah, GA
- Columbus, GA
- Atlanta, GA
3. Emory University – Atlanta, GA
Fees: $25,500 (only tuition fee)
Address: James B. W. Medical Education Building, Atlanta, GA.
Admissions phone: 404-727-6123
Admissions email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Emory School of Medicine is a medical institute in Atlanta that is working to break the conventions in healthcare and provide this world with top quality doctors. Emory School of Medicine welcomes individuals from all around the globe irrespective of their sex, gender, color etc.
Emory University Medical Degrees Offered
- Doctor of Medicine
- PhD in Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Doctor of Physical Therapy
- Master of Medical Science Anesthesiology
- Master of Medical Science Genetic Counseling
- Master of Medical Science Physician Assistant
- Bachelor of Medical Science Medical Imaging
The applicant must have a MCAT. Latest MCAT scores must have:
- Overall score of 500 or higher
- 123 or higher in each subtest
4. Morehouse University – Atlanta, GA
Fees: $27,365 (tuition only)
Address: 720 Westview Dr SW, Atlanta, GA.
Admissions phone: (404) 724-1650
Admissions email: email@example.com
With a faculty of best doctors in town Morehouse School of Medicine (MSM) provides students with best guidance to become best doctors. MSM trains physicians, biomedical scientists and public health practitioners to improve healthcare.
Morehouse University Medical Degrees Offered
- Doctor of Medicine Degree
- Graduate Education in Biomedical Sciences
- Graduate Education in Public Health
- Master of Clinical Research
Admission requirements for Morehouse University – Atlanta include:
- Baccalaureate Degree/ Undergraduate Coursework
- Evaluation of Foreign Studies
- Letter of Recommendation
- Must be a Georgian resident
- Having superior academic record
5. College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Georgia
Fees: $37,390 (first year, in-state) $67,698 (out-state)
Address: 501 D.W. Brooks Drive, Athens, GA.
Admissions phone: +1 706-542-4979
The College of Veterinary Medicine of University of Georgia is working on the passion to teach and train their students so that they could go out and serve the community. It welcomes students from different backgrounds and ethnic groups, with the zeal to serve their surroundings.
- DVM-MPH program
- DVM-PHD program
- Comparative Bio Medical Science
- Master of Avian Medicine
- Master of Avian Health and Medicine
- Master of Food Animal Medicine
- PHD in Integrative Physiology and Pharmacology
- PHD in Infectious Diseases
Admission Requirements for College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Georgia:
- GRE of 308 or greater.
- Institute demands the applicant to be a resident of Georgia for twelve or more than twelve months.
- A cumulative grade of 3.0
6. PCOM (Philadelphia College of Osteopathic medicine)
Fees: $39, 667 (first year)
Address: 625 Old Peachtree Road, GA.
Admissions phone: 678-225-7500
Admissions email: GAadmissions@pcom.edu
PCOM Georgia is dedicated to provide teaching and training in healthcare. The institute has produces highly trained, competent and caring physicians. The state-of-the-art campus of the institute in Suwanee was established as a result of the growing need.
- Clinical psychology (PsyD)
- Educational Psychology (PhD)
- Osteopathic Medicine (DO)
- Pharmacy (PharmD)
- Physical Therapy (DPT)
- School Psychology (PsyD)\
- Applied Behavior Analysis (CGS, CAGS)
- Biomedical Sciences (MS)
- Clinical Health Psychology (Post-Doctoral Certificate)
- Clinical Neuropsychology
- Public Health Management
- Mental Health Counseling (MS)
- Forensic Medicine (MS)
Admission Requirements of PCOM:
- Baccalaureate degree
- Prerequisite coursework
- Letters of recommendation
- Standardized tests score
7. Medical Institute of Northeast GA
Fees: $1500-$3500 (depending on type of certificate)
Address: 1215 C Tuscany Drive Braselton, GA.
Admissions phone: 678-425-6464
Through the training of Medical staff, Medical Institute of Northeast GA, is dedicated to provide improved healthcare facilities to people of Northeast Georgia. The residents enjoy their access to one of the state’s finest institute for medical staff.
Programs offered in Medical Institute of Northeast:
- Certified Medical Assistant (MA)
- Certified Surgical Tech and Certified Sterile
- Dental Assisting
- BLS/CPR/ and First Aid
Admission Requirements in Medical Institute of Northeast:
- Proof that individual is at-least 16 years old
- Current negative PPD or negative X-ray
- Background check
- Signed enrollment agreement
- Proof of influenza vaccination
8. Cambridge College of Healthcare and Technology
Fees: $47,113 (both in and out-state)
Address: 5669 Peachtree Dunwoody, GA.
Admissions phone: 404-255-4500
Admission Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cambridge College of Healthcare and technology has helped thousands of students to start a successful career in the field of medicine and healthcare. It provides the students with a top quality education that becomes an edge for leading them towards a successful career.
- Associate of Science in Nursing
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Physical Therapy Assistant
- Radiological Technologist
- Radiation Therapy
- Bachelor of sciences in Nursing
- Bachelor of Sciences in Radiology
9. New Horizon Medical Institute
Fees: $17, 235 (total cost of attendance)
Address: 138 park Avenue #200 Winder, GA.
Admissions phone: 678-963-0387
Admission Email: email@example.com
Since 2003, New Horizon Medical Institute has been helping students to acquire a career in medicine and healthcare. It offer programs in a number of disciplines that get you on the roadmap to an amazing career.
Programs Offered in New Horizon Medical Institute:
- Patient care Technician (PCT)
- Ultrasound Technician (UT)
- Medical Assistant (MA)
- Phlebotomy Technician (PHL)
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
Admission Requirements of New Horizon Medical Institute:
Admission process is simple and very straight forward. Following documents are required at the time of admission:
- Driver’s License
- Social Security Card
- High School Diploma or GED
- Complete TABE test
10. Premier Medical Careers
Fees: $1200-$1500 (depending on program)
Address: 942 Green St SW, Conyers, GA.
Admissions phone: 678-413-1663
Admission Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Premier Medical Careers is one of the finest providers of healthcare training in Georgia. The institute provides its students with a learning environment and guidance of professional teachers that help them to achieve a career in healthcare.
Programs Offered in Premier Medical Careers:
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Patient Care Technician
- Phlebotomy Technician
- Electrocardiogram (EKG) Technician
- Pharmacy Technician
- AHA CPR Courses
- Medical Assistant
Admission Requirement in Premier Medical Careers:
The minimum age for admission is 16. However there is no maximum age. Other requirements are different for different programs. They could be easily accessed on institute’s website.
These institutions are the best options for studying medicine. They carry a worldwide recognition and offer high standard infrastructure and education. Applicants will find the medical schools in Georgia quite though and competitive.
Medical Schools in Georgia are especially a best option for the residents of Georgia. Several of the schools have less stringent academic requirements than other medical schools, which may be attractive depending on student’s academic record. It will be a good option if you are planning on primary care and staying in Georgia to practice.